Alumni Friends of UQ has funded a variety of university projects and student scholarships through the donations of Alumni Friends members.
A major fund-raising activity linked to the Golden Jubilee celebrations of Alumni Friends (2017-2018), was the tax-deductible 50th Anniversary Fund, with a target of providing 50 new student bursaries of $1,000 each, which were presented to students in 2017-18. The fund has now closed.
All other funds and bequests held in trust by Alumni Friends have now been transferred to relevant UQ Endowments. To donate to any of these, click here.
- Alumni Friends Indigenous Medicine Prize
- Alumni Friends Clinical Medicine Prize
- Betty Fletcher Travelling Scholarship: For study-related travel by a student of classics and ancient history
- Betty Fletcher Memorial Scholarship (Classics and Ancient History)
- David Dunlop Memorial Scholarship (for a Dentistry Student)
- Elizabeth Usher Memorial Scholarship
- Friends of Antiquity Classics and Antiquities fund: Supporting projects and purchases for the Classics and Ancient History
- Great Court Race Prize (Male & Female Students)
- Joan Elizabeth Wickham Scholarship (Female students studying Engineering)
- Lisbeth Hopkins OAM Memorial Scholarship (HASS Faculty)
- Margaret Waugh Memorial Bursary: For a member of the University Library Staff
- Marks-Hirschfeld Museum Fund: To support the operation of the UQ Museum of Medical History
- Richard Hopkins Memorial Scholarship (Engineering – preference Civil Design)
- UQ 3MT People’s Choice Prize
- Alumni Friends Veterinary Scholarship: (School of Veterinary Science)
- The Honourable Dr Penelope Wensley AC Sport Scholarship (for outstanding student athletes, any area of study)
* The University of Queensland also accepts donations made through the Advancement department.