Alumni Friends of UQ has funded a variety of university projects and student scholarships through the donations of Alumni Friends members.
A major fund-raising activity linked to the Golden Jubilee celebrations of Alumni Friends (2017-2018), was the tax-deductible 50th Anniversary Fund, with a target of providing 50 new student bursaries of $1,000 each, which were presented to students in 2017-18. The fund remains open for donations (to donate, click here).
All other funds and bequests held in trust by Alumni Friends are listed below. To donate to any of these, click here.
- 50th Anniversary Student Bursaries Fund
- Betty Fletcher Travelling Scholarship: For study-related travel by a student of classics and ancient history
- C J Nash Bequest: Supporting the University Musical Society
- Classics and Antiquities fund: To make purchases for the University Antiquities Museum
- David Dunlop Memorial Scholarship: Funding an annual bursary for a Dentistry Student
- Elizabeth Usher Travelling Scholarship: For a PhD candidate to travel to an international conference
- Friends of Antiquity: Supporting projects and purchases for the Classics and Ancient History
- Fryer Library: For the purchase of items for the Fryer Library
- Joan Elizabeth Wickham Prize Fund: For female students studying Engineering
- Margaret Waugh Memorial Bursary: For a member of the University Library Staff
- Richard Hopkins Memorial Prize: For a student of Civil Engineering
- Alumni Postgraduate Scholarships
- Alumni/UQ Sport Scholarships for outstanding student athletes
- Dentistry Fund: Donations for projects and equipment for the UQ School of Dentistry
- Medical Alumni Fund: Funding for projects and purchases for the Mayne Graduate School of Medicine
- Marks-Hirschfeld Museum Fund: To support the operation of the UQ Museum of Medical History
- Veterinary Alumni Fund: A bursary to a student in the School of Veterinary Science
- UQ Music School Fund: To assist approved projects of the School of Music
- UQ Art Museum Fund: To assist in purchases of works of art.
* The University of Queensland also accepts donations made through the Advancement department.