Alumni Friends of UQ has funded a variety of university projects and student scholarships through the donations of Alumni Friends members.
A major fund-raising activity linked to the Golden Jubilee celebrations of Alumni Friends (2017-2018), is the tax-deductible 50th Anniversary Fund, with a target of providing 50 new student bursaries of $1,000 each, to be presented to students in 2017-18. To donate, click here.
All other funds and bequests held in trust by Alumni Friends are listed below. To donate to any of these, click here.
- 50th Anniversary Student Bursaries Fund
- Betty Fletcher Travelling Scholarship: For study-related travel by a student of classics and ancient history
- C J Nash Bequest: Supporting the University Musical Society
- Classics and Antiquities fund: To make purchases for the University Antiquities Museum
- David Dunlop Memorial Scholarship: Funding an annual bursary for a Dentistry Student
- Elizabeth Usher Travelling Scholarship: For a PhD candidate to travel to an international conference
- Friends of Antiquity: Supporting projects and purchases for the Classics and Ancient History
- Fryer Library: For the purchase of items for the Fryer Library
- Joan Elizabeth Wickham Prize Fund: For female students studying Engineering
- Margaret Waugh Memorial Bursary: For a member of the University Library Staff
- Richard Hopkins Memorial Prize: For a student of Civil Engineering
- Alumni Postgraduate Scholarships
- Alumni/UQ Sport Scholarships for outstanding student athletes
- Dentistry Fund: Donations for projects and equipment for the UQ School of Dentistry
- Medical Alumni Fund: Funding for projects and purchases for the Mayne Graduate School of Medicine
- Marks-Hirschfeld Museum Fund: To support the operation of the UQ Museum of Medical History
- Veterinary Alumni Fund: A bursary to a student in the School of Veterinary Science
- UQ Music School Fund: To assist approved projects of the School of Music
- UQ Art Museum Fund: To assist in purchases of works of art.
* The University of Queensland also accepts donations made through the Advancement department.